Updated: Oct 15, 2020
Who else remembers those weird motivational posters in your high school guidance counselor's office with the 'perseverance' or the one of a little cat hanging on the clothes line saying 'hang in there?' I recall how silly I thought they were, why did they exist? Now, as an adult I find myself scrolling through Instagram *liking* any inspirational quote I come across and collecting any that I hear out in the real-world on a note in my iPhone. It turns out that I'm not the only one. A quote or a mantra can be something useful for us to focus on in order to get through tough times. It aids our ability to keep moving forward (shout out to Walt Disney) and inspires creativity, new ways of thinking, and motivation.
Today, we're providing 11 quotes that we've recently tucked away for a rainy day to you! If you have any mantras or favorite quotes, share with us below in the comments. And now, without further ado...
1. "If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin." -Ivan Turgenev
2. "Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing." -Harriet Braiker
3. "People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. "Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think." -Tim Ferris
5. "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
6. "You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." -Ruth E. Renkl
7. "You cannot start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one." -Michael McMillan
8. "Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman
9. "Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." -Aristotle
10. "Don't go through life, grow through life." -Eric Butterworth
11. "Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else." -Fred Rogers
Remember, Out of the Box Advisors is here to help you and provide the support your small business needs. We offer free consultation so come join us for coffee, it's on us!